Whenever holidays are planned especially to the National Park the first place kick in your head is California. This land is a hub of wild, unique and amazing National Parks. The Pacific for nearly 900 miles. This terrain includes redwood, cliff-lined beaches, forest, Central Valley farmland and the Mojave Desert and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. California National Parks, National Monuments and National Recreation Areas. Following the 2013 status elevation of the Pinnacles National Monument, there are now nine national parks in California which is more than any other state.
Here is a list of popular National Parks in California making their way to your bucket list.
List of Northern National Parks:
Talking about the local and best thing in California at the top of the list is the incredible national park. you can imagine yourself in the lap of nature. Northern California has Five national parks. so get ready because you are going to know about this wonderful land and its national park.
So move your shoe at first national park located in northern California.
Yosemite National Park
- Yosemite National Park is a beautiful park situated in Mariposa County embraces you to experience this majestic park in all four seasons. This Park is in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains and its heavy as like its name. It has gained its popularity for its tunnel view, giant ancient sequoia trees, the iconic vista of bewildering Bridalveil Fall and the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome. Here in this Village, you get to explore lodging, shops, restaurants, the Yosemite Museum and the Ansel Adams Gallery, with prints of the photographer’s renowned black-and-white landscapes of the area.
- The best part of California national parks is it has numerous activities to do which includes hiking, tracking, mountain climbing if that much not satisfactory it is also famous for art and culture. Yosemite has a lot offer including nature walks, photography, and art classes, stargazing programs, guided tours, bike rentals, rafting, mule and horseback riders, and rock climbing classes. Many people enjoy short walks and longer hikes to waterfalls in Yosemite Valley or walk among giant sequoias in the Mariposa, Tuolumne, or Merced Groves. If you love to drive then go for it or you can take a tour bus to Glacier Point also known summer-fall to get picturesque views of Yosemite Valley and the high country, or drive along the scenic Tioga Road to Tuolumne Meadows mainly within May to October and go for a walk or hike.
- Mainly visitors stay just for the single day and try to explore only those locations within Yosemite Valley that are easily accessible by automobile. There is a US$25–30 per automobile user fee to enter the park, depending on the season. You can enjoy your tour with romantic places, use these places as a dreamy proposal for your partner.
- With a range of accommodations from elegant hotels with exceptional service to simple canvas tent cabins 120 Yosemite spacious houses, cabins, and luxury homes located in Historic Wawona. Open 7 Days A Week. Find out the perfect place to settle in and admire the beauty surrounded by some of the most majestic natural wonders on earth.
Channel Islands National Park
- Gained its famed “America’s Galapagos,” within locals, the Channel Islands National Park is a formation of five islands that are disseminated along the coast of Santa Barbara. There are 2,000 species available of plants and animals. From which 150 species are only found on these islands.
- This park with plenty of nature is once in a lifetime experience. You can relish the beauty of diverse species infact Whales and dolphins pass by the islands in this marine park, and not only this it is home to various birds and marine species. The park is also known for its spectacular sunsets when the dropping sun illuminates the landscape and reveals the true beauty of the oceanic vista.
- You get into different moods into different seasons such summer brings warm waters and humpback whales, as well as blue whales, while autumn is ideal for kayaking and diving.
Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park is in northern California. It’s highly rich in hydrothermal sites such as Bumpass Hell, with its acres of gurgling mud pots. Willing to get awestruck by the awesome views then The summit of Lassen Peak Volcano is the place for you as it offer views over the surrounding wilderness. Nearby, the Devastated Area is littered with lava rocks from its last eruption. A network of trails passes through the forest and is covered several lakes connecting with the Pacific Crest Trail in the north.
- The largest plug dome volcano in the world and the southernmost volcano in the Cascade Range and the most dominant feature of the park is Lassen Peak.
- Best place for an adventurous soul try hiking trails, (caution) if you are brave enough you can attempt the climb up the volcano itself.
- Enjoy the panorama from the lake Halen. Though it is tough in winter during summer as the ice melts, translucent turquoise waters appear and become the majestic point to have fun.
Redwood National and State Parks
- Redwood National and State Parks include amazing strings of protected forests, beautiful beaches, and gushy grasslands along Northern California’s coast. The amazing trails of Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park pass through the dense old-growth woods.
- A home to Fern Canyon a Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park with its high, plant-covered walls. Redwood National Park’s Lady Bird Johnson Grove also includes Giant redwood clusters.
- The trees are bigger and more impressive and groves are bigger. You can make a weekend trip or longer.
- There are no day-use-only fees anywhere in the park except for the Gold Bluffs Beach section of Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, which charges an $8 entrance fee.
- The best time to visit Redwood National Park is during the summer. Low rainfall levels and warmer temperatures create the most comfortable hiking conditions, particularly in the inland Jedediah Smith and Prairie Coast areas.
Southern National Park
Southern California has amazing National Park and is loaded up with the wildlife and nature you don’t have to speculate far away from the major cities like Los Angeles to find some spectacular parks. National Parks like Joshua Tree National Park is only about two hours and 30 minutes outside of Los Angeles and Sequoia National Park is only three hours and thirty minutes from Los Angeles. Meanwhile, the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area is right in LA’s backyard.
List of Southern National Parks to make your trip to California amazing:
Death Valley National Park
- Eastern California and Nevada is straddled by Death Valley National Park. Popularly known for Titus Canyon, with a scary ghost town and Badwater Basin’s salt flats, colorful rocks, North America’s lowest point. Above, Telescope Peak Trail weaves past pine trees.
- Spiky salt mounds occupying the north is known for the Devil’s Golf Course, rattlesnakes live in Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes. You can consider Death Valley to be the hottest and driest place in North America.
- Then ofcourse the question raises why should be the part of this tedious place well, it’s not always that hot in Death Valley and it can be quite nice in the spring and fall.
- And not only that there’s plenty of astounding scenery to relish the beauty of this national park. The racetrack is the must-visit area of this land.
- People would find rocks scattered along a salt flat with long trails behind them showing that they had slid around, but was a great mystery as nobody was able to find out how it happened.
Joshua Tree National Park
- A vast protected area in southern California known with the name Joshua Tree National Park. Characterized in sequence by stark desert landscapes and rugged rock formations.
- Known for its region’s twisted, the park straddles the cactus-dotted Colorado Desert, bristled Joshua trees and the Mojave Desert, which is higher and cooler. Keys View looks out over the Coachella Valley. Boulders of Hidden Valley encourages Hiking trails.
- The Joshua Tree got its name from the times when Mormon settlers first crossed the Colorado River and encountered these unique trees in the mid-1800s. As you know that the diverse ecosystems produced separate wildlife at this national park in Southern California.
- Joshua Tree National Park is a fun place and has lots of recreation. Which includes hiking options for all ages. Not only that there are numerous activities for outdoor enthusiasts such as camping, climbing and much more.
- You can also enjoy the nearby locations such as Barker Dam, a parking area near Hidden Valley, or Desert bighorn to watch sheep and mule.
Sequoia National Park/ Kings Canyon National Park
- Sequoia National Park is nearby Kings Canyon National Park in California’s southern Sierra Nevada mountains. Popularly known for its huge sequoia trees, prominently the General Sherman Tree dominating the Giant Forest. Featuring the streams and striking rock formations this underground Crystal Cave initiates high nature also Moro Rock formed as a granite dome offering sweeping park views. The Tunnel Tree being located just nearby a toppled tree cut to accommodate the
- You can find the biggest tree in the world, known as General Sherman in Sequoia National Park and it stands 275 feet tall and is 25 feet in diameter. Its largest branch has a diameter of almost 7 feet. It’s somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500 years old, so it’s older than the Colosseum.
- Apart from this Sequoia national park has much more to offer such as the attraction Tunnel tree, tokopah fall, crecent meadow, moro rock, giant forest museum, etc.
- Kings Canyon national park guards the headwaters of the south and middle forks of the Kings River and the south junction of the San Joaquin river, two of the most picturesque and pristine rivers in California. Kings Canyon is one of the deepest in the country, dropping down more than 2,500m was carved out of solid granite by glaciers during the last ice age.
- Adventure Awaits in Sequoia and Kings Canyon such as Hiking the high Sierra, horseback Riding & Pack Trips, Sequoia Trees, Bird Watching, Wildflowers and much more.
Castle Mountains National Monument
- Castle Mountains National Monument is a U.S. National Monument situated on the east of Mojave Desert and northeastern San Bernardino County, in the state of California. The park protects 20,920 acres, located between the interstates I−15 and I−40, and northwest of the Colorado River.
- Referring after the mining and reclamation are completed as The national monument promulgation, the land in the Castle Mountain Mine Area will be transferred to the National Park Service. Castle Mountains National Monument is one of the newest national monuments, designated back in 2016.
Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
- An area for recreation in the United States, known as theThe Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area containing many individual parks and open space preserves, located primarily in the Santa Monica Mountains of Southern California.
- The Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area is the largest urban national park in the United States and home to more than 500 miles of trails. The Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area (SMMNRA) is located within the greater Los Angeles region, including a Simi Hills extension, in southeastern Ventura County, which means it is accessible from this location.
- There are numerous options available for hiking with diverse ranges with easy, moderate, and strenuous 60+ miles trails to choose from. If you want to explore more you can try camping, biking and many more adventurous sports
When it comes to nature and wildlife there is no comparison of California’s National Park with any other location. You get the diverse species, beautiful scenery, lovely admiring spots which are not only for restricted certain ages but is beauty to cherish by each individual. From Nothern California to Southern California this place never fails to surprise to you and always leaves you awestruck by its mesmerizing beauty. If you are planning your trip to California then these National Parks must be included in your things-to-do list in California. So pack your funbags and start planning to visit these gorgeous national parks. And if only visiting is not enough you can try all the adventurous sports offered by these national parks. For outdoor enthusiasts, it is a must-visit attraction. Comment below and let us know when are you planning your wild and adventurous trip to these diverse national parks and feeling amused by its diverse species?