Wisconsin is an amazing state with coastlines of two great lakes Michigan and superior with the eye-catchy attraction of forests and farms. Wisconsin offers an expansion of hills that are perfect for mountain biking and hiking this much not enough to boast about the bewildering experience of diverse landscapes and astonishing two large cities Madison and Milwaukee. There is much more to explore for an outdoor enthusiast such as hiking, biking, fishing and boating.
Here is the List of Amazing Places to Visit in Wisconsin Markdown & Prepare Your Tour to Wisconsin.
Taliesin East: Frank Lloyd Wright’s spring green
- The world-renown artist Frank Lloyd Wright was born in this city this statement is more than enough for you to visit this iconic place.
- Great architectural design can be seen across the state including the spectacular Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center on Madison‘s lake shore and Milwaukee‘s Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church. Tour guides help you to understand the active beauty of theater, gallery and many more.
- A beautiful spring green town located along the banks of the Wisconsin River has much more to offer to the outdoor enthusiast.
- Great scenic views are home to the architectural fans. A house on a rock turned into a bizarre museum of oddities is one of the attractions of spring green.
- An artistic place with scenery and art galleries is a great choice to explore in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin State Capitol, Madison
- Wisconsin State Capitol, Madison is one of the attractions of Wisconsin decorated with a 284-foot-high dome that’s just three feet shy of Washington’s Capitol building completed in 1917.
- The granite structure boldly posing between two lakes is flaunted by tour guides regularly.
- This city has the attraction with the combination of contemporary and historical artwork such as the State Historical Museum, the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, the Chazen Museum of Art and the hands-on Madison Children’s Museum.
- The spectacular design by Frank Lloyd Wright Monona Terrace Community and Convention is situated at Madison city.
- Other than historical museums there are interesting activities to try, such as campus tours of the University of Wisconsin, visiting Olbrich Botanical Gardens and many more.
- If you are fond of water activities then you must try boating and paddle on the five lakes around the city and biking on the extensive network of cycling trails.
- If you are planning an ideal vacation then what can be the best location other than lakeside town.
- If you are fond of water sports then there is not even a minute you’ll be regretting you can enjoy beaches, paddle-boarding, jet-skiing, and parasailing.
- But it is not that there is nothing for dry feet person. Those who like to keep their feet dry can go on a cruise to enjoy the beauty of the lake. You can explore miles of hiking and biking trails including the scenic Shore Path.
- If that much is not enough for you to explore then you can try zip-lining or a hot-air balloon trip, and tour historic Black Point Estate and fascinating Gardens.
- When you want to spend a perfect vacation, you explore shopping and dining and for that, what can be better than exclusive fine dines and approachable shops not only that when the winter snows arrive you can go skiing, snowshoeing, snowboarding, ice skating, and sledding before treating yourself to a pamper session at one of the many day spas.
- Milwaukee is a place full of fun and education. Keeping you the busy whole day with the knowledge and curiosity Milwaukee is a great attraction for tourists.
- Harley-Davidson motorcycle denoted as freedom, a fact due to visitors never forget to visit Milwaukee, the birthplace of the famous “Hog.”
- When we talk about the museum you think about history and art-related stuff. But The Harley-Davidson is the main attraction for Milwaukee. The best place to find out more about this iconic machine is the city’s Harley-Davidson Museum, which is home to more than 450 classic motorcycles.
- Fun and education together are rare and you get this experience on a tour to the Milwaukee Public Museum, Discovery World and the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum.
- If you are fond of art, then you are lucky to be in Milwaukee the wonderful collections at the Milwaukee Art Museum, MOWA-Museum of Wisconsin Art, and the expansive 40-acre Lynden Sculpture Garden.
- Enjoy Broadway shows at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts or attend the Milwaukee Ballet or the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
- Outdoor enthusiasts can hike the Lakefront Trail, go paddling with Milwaukee or simply enjoy Bradford Beach.
- One of the oldest towns of Wisconsin and famous home of Green Bay Packers NFL team, whom you can enjoy at Lambeau Field.
- It’s a fun place for families as they can spend hours at the Bay Beach Amusement Park, the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary and the NEW Zoo.
- If You are a rider and love adventure then you can also explore the 25-mile Fox River State Recreational Trail.
- You are out on tour and did not go on sightseeing than it’s not happening. It’s a beautiful experience grasping the energy and amazing sights by water on a riverboat.
- Complete your busy day with a show at the historic downtown Meyer Theater.
- A city on a western border of Wisconsin hugging the east bank of the Mississippi River can give you an amazing water sports experience.
- Go for fishing, paddling, kayaking or cruising. Don’t think that if you chose to be on land then there is nothing for you to explore you will find more than 10 miles of great hiking and biking trails in Hixon Forest and Green Coulee, and an amazing diversity of wildlife in the surrounding wetlands.
- Enjoy downhill and cross-country skiing in winter, try playing golf in the hole in one at one six golf courses.
- Shopping is what you crave for, gifts at wonderful little shops and galleries are something you cannot miss.
- There is much more for wine lovers to explore breweries and wineries or attend one of the regular festivals such as Oktoberfest, Irish fest, River-fest or Air fest.
- If you are looking for a family trip or a weekend then the Kenosha located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan offers a long list of entertaining attractions for all generations.
- If you are a history person then what can be better then exploring museums such as Dinosaur Discovery Museum, the Civil War Museum, the Kenosha History Center and the Kenosha Public Museum. Take a break and give yourself a tour to Pierhead Lighthouse and the Southport Light Station Museum.
- Give yourself a shopping treat at Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets, don’t miss water sports go boating, sailing or fishing and there are miles of biking trails for cyclists.
- Just a 20 mile away from Milwaukee Cedarburg is a city in Ozaukee County. A place nearest to all major cities with a rural character has so much to offer.
- Cedarburg is known for its great school system, rich cultural scene, famous annual festivals, and abundant green spaces along nearby Lake Michigan.
- Cedarburg Art Museum and the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts show what the local artists are known for.
- The choicest place to learn about the town’s history is the History Museum, which is also the Visitants’ Center and General Store.
- A location from north-central Wisconsin attract tourism by being the charming getaway destination has lots of activities to offer.
- Drive yourself to the Woodson Art Museum or the Center for the Visual Arts to cherish the work of the local Wausau arts community.
- The exhibiting arts are very well depicted in Wausau and you can experience everything from Broadway shows to dance spectaculars.
- There is so much to learn about the past such as Andrew Warren Historic District and East Hill Historic District.
- Have fun at Logger’s Landing Waterpark, enjoy water sports and adventure time with outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, trailing, sailing and many more.
- Oshkosh is one of the unique top-rated city for events. And your day is a whole day party in Oshkosh with an exciting list of activities.
- The Oshkosh Public Museum and the Paine Art Center and Gardens are other popular temptations.
- Midtown Oshkosh you can roam or cycle along the picturesque River Walk and visit some unique shops and showrooms.
- You cannot miss the EAA AirVenture Museum where you can see a wonderful collection of vintage aircraft, tour four movie theaters and relish KidzVenture Gallery.
- Muskego is a town with enunciated persona, three beautiful lakes within its bounds. Muskego has a lot to explore.
- Boerner Botanical Gardens features 11 specialty gardens, a raised bog walk, and a rose garden.
- Whitnall Park is a captivating woody area with a nature center, botanical gardens, walking trails, and a golf course.
- Minooka Park has a modern beach, sledge hill, and architectural range.
- If you are a zoo person and love to explore wildlife then you should not miss Bear Den Zoo & Petting Farm which is the fascination for wildlife tourism.
Devil’s Lake State Park
- Devil’s Lake State Park is one of the oldest and most popular tourist attractions.
- This place offers you a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Try out camping which is so much fun at this place, prepare your tent at one of the three campgrounds and rent canoes, kayaks and paddle-boards from the concessions on both the north and south shores.
- If you are in Wisconsin then each location offers you hiking trails or head into the back-country.
- Other than camping rock climbing, swimming, scuba diving, and fishing can bloom your day.
- An amazing lake city situated along the shores of Michigan has a lot to offer in terms of water adventure sport and opportunities.
- There are numerous great options for you to traverse such as fishing, while canoeing, kayaking, and paddling along this origin are all popular activities.
- You can’t miss touring SC Johnson headquarters if you are an Architecture fan where you can admire examples of Frank Lloyd Wright’s work, other than this art enthusiasts will be driven aside by the Racine Art Museum.
- You can also visit the Wind Point Lighthouse and Racine Zoo. Lake Michigan offers outstanding navigation and North Beach is one of the most widespread lake-shore beaches in the country.
- Grand Rapids is a small place located in the deep forest.
- It is mostly appreciated for the cranberry country, you cannot forget to visit.
- With 200 or more than that variation, Wisconsin Dairy State Cheese showcases Wisconsin’s rich dairy heritage. You can explore the cheese-making process by viewing the cheese-makers through windows.
If you are a nature enthusiast with a pinch of a history lover then this is a great place for you to visit. The state is much more than what you can imagine, including cultural activities, adventures, water sports you cannot leave a single point without exploring. The state also offers cave point county park, granddad bluff park, an interstate state park, high cliff state park and many more. From majestic scenery to wildlife zoo, from state parks to cultural towns, this state offers you a lot to reconnoiter. It gives you goosebumps with the adventurous sports and also provides soothing walks on dry sand beaches. This article is a must-read guide to know the excellence and best places to visit in Wisconsin. Comment below and let us know which is your favorite destination in Wisconsin?