9 Best South Carolina Beaches
South Carolina is a beautiful land located in the southeastern beach of united states and easternmost of the deep south. South Carolina is an astounding beach land shaped like an inverted triangle. Its eastern border is the sea islands, a chain of tidal and barrier islands. The best time to visit South Carolina to enjoy nature and its lush gardens is any time between March and May but when it comes to South Carolina’s many gorgeous beaches, it’s best to visit during June or July, while the month with the least crowds at the beach in September. South Carolina’s many engaging tourist attractions include surfing, hiking, pleasure walk and much more. South Carolina’s Atlantic coastline is a popular playground for travelers from all over the world. Whether you are searching for a peaceful beach with a variety of entertainment options or a soothing calmness, you will not get disappointed from the South Carolina beaches. Carolina offers a range of attractions to see and things to do. With the miles of seashore, sprawling resorts and offshore fun, South Carolina is the perfect destination for beach lovers.
Let’s Capture The Glimpse of South Carolina Beaches with the Top Ranking:
- Folly Beach is a barrier island off the coast of charleston, south Carolina locals call it the “Edge of America.” Folly Beach is One of the most famous beaches in South Carolina.
- This gorgeous beach is a popular destination for watersports including swimming, fishing, surfing, kayaking and boating including sightseeing.
- Folly Beach country park has picnic areas and a pelican rocky, as well as beaches and wildlife-rich habitats. With the average tide of folly beach is 5.78ft. this is an amazing water experience.
- There are even several boat tour available for those who wish to explore the picturesque area. Folly beach is a nesting site for loggerhead sea turtles.
- Folly beach county park will have parking available when it reopens. parking is free on the street.
Top Attraction of folly beach:
- Folly Beach Public Beach
- Folly Beach Fishing pier
- Folly Beach Country Park
- Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve
- Folly River Park
- Myrtle Beach is an ultimate vacation hub for each individual. Myrtle Beach is a major tourist destination and is widely known for its spacious beaches, and also a large selection of golf.
- Myrtle beach’s warm temperatures and abundant sunshine are what an outdoor enthusiast really craves for. You can try water sliding at local waterparks, visit one of the area’s amusement parks for thrilling roller coaster rides.
- Myrtle Beach is mainly popular for watersports, banana boat rides, jet skiing to parasailing. Myrtle Beach offers you family-friendly things to do such as mini-golf, helicopter rides, and go-carts.
- While it might seem obvious, the main attraction in Myrtle Beach is the beautiful sandy beach along with the city’s oceanfront.
- The night-time walking tours on the beach show off the lights of the hotels with background sounds of water breaking on the sands.
- The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is where you will find the bulk of hotels, Family tourist attractions, restaurants, and souvenir shops. Myrtle Beach seafood festival, the Carolina country music fest, and others.
Top Attraction of Myrtle beach:
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Wonderworks Myrtle beach
- Pirates Voyage
- Broadway at the beach
- Brookgreen gardens
- Family Kingdom Amusement park
- Warbird park
- The Carolina Opry
- Mini Golf course
Hilton Head Island:
- Hilton Head Island is part of the Lowcountry region. This beautiful island and the harbor town lighthouse and Museum are definitely worth a visit.
- Hilton Head is not only one of the newest vacations in us destination Home to the only female lighthouse keepers in North America, but this 47-years old lighthouse is also one of the most iconic sites.
Top Attraction of Hilton Head Island:
- Coligny Beach
- Harbour town golf links
- Harbour town
- Mitchelville Freedom park
- Hudson’s seafood house on the docks
- The jazz corner
- Sea Pines forest preserve
- Gullah heritage Trails
- The studio
- The Kazoo Factory
The isle of palms:
- The isle of palms is a barrier island off the east coast of South Carolina with stunning views and a variety of fun activities for the entire family.
- Sun-splashed and seld contained, isle of palms has everything vacationers need for a fun, well-rounded visit, including miles of beaches.
- Front beach is open to the public for swimming, and nesting sea turtles stop here to lay their eggs in the tall dunes. The idyllic private-Beach access is available at the family-friendly Wild Dunes resorts at the island’s northern tip.
Top Attraction of isle of palms:
- Water activities,
- Hire a boat free man Boatworks
- Tidalwave Watersports
- Dewees islands
- isle of the palms county park,
- Fishing tours aqua adventures,
- Barrier island eco-tours,
- Port city moped,
- Patriots point and maritime museum
- Located on a beautiful barrier island just a few miles from historic Charleston, South Carolina lies Kiawah Island Golf Resort, host of the 2012 and 2021 PGA Championship.
- Also home to a beautiful seaside mansion, The Sanctuary at Kiawah. You will love watching wading birds and dolphins, found loads of seashells, and talked to plenty of friendly people.
- Kiawah is a coastal island off South Carolina. Kiawah is a sea island and a great place to visit with friends and family.
- The best part of visiting this island is that it is not very crowded and is extremely clean. an exotic golf course, wonderful beaches, and superb landscapes make Kiawah island an extraordinary tourist destination. one of the draws of Kiawah is the award-winning golf course. Tours the island by bike, Spot the local wildlife, shoot clays at the sporting club, hand at surfing.
Top Attraction of Kiawah Island:
- The Beach
- Edisto Beach is one of South Carolina’s sea islands, located a few miles of Charleston. It is a place with a rich history, which includes both the bad and the good, and it is astounding for you to explore its every corner.
- Edisto Beach is very residential and is devoid of crowds compared to other South Carolina Beach spots.
- Edisto Beach’s mild temperatures and gentle sea breezes make it easy to spend most of your time outdoors, and rainy days provide opportunities to enjoy each.
- The Island’s natural beauty offers you the hidden oasis that will relax your mind and indulge your senses while it captures your heart.
Top Attraction of Edisto Beach:
- Botany bay plantation heritage preserve and wildlife management.
- Edisto beach state park
- Kings farm market
- Edisto Island Serpentarium
- Edisto island museum
- The marina at Edisto Beach
- Indian mound Trail
- Brick house ruins
- Litchfield Beach is situated approximately half an hour from Myrtle Beach and offers a quiet beach location.
- There are only a couple of beach access points and parking is a bit tight, so make sure to arrive earlier rather than later or you’ll be searching for a parking spot for longer than you ideally want.
- Here, you can enjoy activities such as kayaking, surfing, swimming, and fishing.
- This 1.5-mile-long stretch of white sand never gets crowded, even during the weekends and throughout the summer months.
- If you are looking for a place to relax, unwind, and have some privacy, Litchfield Beach is the place to go.
Top Attraction of Litchfield Beach:
- Litchfield Beach Golf Resort
- Brookgreen Garden
- Private Adventures (hiking, fishing, swimming, kayaking)
- Eastcoast Brewboat
- This small town near North Myrtle Beach is an excellent low-key vacation spot for families. Cherry Grove, is a neighborhood of the city of North Myrtle Beach in Horry County, South Carolina, United States.
- Cherry Grove and the surrounding area have an abundance of restaurants, bars, golf courses, and leisure activities. Some of the top area golf courses are in the area but fishing, whether off the pier or in the expansive Cherry Grove Inlet, is the chosen sport of locals.
- Bottom line: You can find it all in Cherry Grove, just in smaller portions.
Top Attraction of Cherry Glove :
- Cherry Grove fishing pier
- Alligator adventure
- Long Bay
- House of Blues Myrtle Beach
- Duplin Winery
- The Big “M” casino ship
- La Belle Amie Vineyard
- T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station
- North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex
- Alabama Theater
Family Beach, Surfside:
- Surfside is a pleasant getaway for those seeking a great beach holiday. Often referred to simply as Family Beach. In addition to fun do-it-yourself activities like kite flying and building sandcastles.
- The community offers several beachside activities for all ages to enjoy, from music concerts and a water park too great dining and shopping.
- Try your hand at wake-surfing, water-skiing, or kayaking along scenic waterways. From delicious dining at oceanfront restaurants to world-class fishing along popular piers, you’ll find plenty of exercises keep you busy at our Surfside Beach.
Top Attraction of Family Beach Surfside :
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade
- Broadway on Beach
- Surfside Pier
- Wild Water & Wheels
- Hudson’s Surfside Flea Market
- Old Time Pottery Myrtle Beach
- Surfside Bowling Center
- Shoreline Watersport
- Nostalgia City and Museum
- Ripley’s Aquarium Myrtle Beach
So pack your bags and head to the well-known beach destinations such as Cherry Grove and Kiawah beach or explore the surrounding area and find secluded beaches with amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean. You get the best to cherish such as golfing, kayaking, baseball, surfing, hiking and much more. It is really important to choose the best to spend your amazing time and this article provides you with the list of best handpicked South Carolina Beaches for your amazing beach holiday. Comment below and let us know your favorite beach holiday destination.